Wednesday, November 5, 2008

U.S.of A

I've always wanted to live in the 60's, the dawn of a new generation, a country full of people questioning everything "the man" was telling them. The free love, the free spirits and the revolution that took place just seem so...romantic. I know it wasn't all fun and games, what with the trouble the Civil Rights Movement brought about, but look at what they DID. The 60's is one of the most interesting times in our history to me. Besides the drugs and the orgies, the 60's brought out the best in America, which is the ability to recognize when we've been wrong, the ability to change what isn't working and to just come together as a nation. Last night, I felt the 60's spirit at the Obama rally in Grant Park. So many people of so many different backgrounds came together in a park in Chicago in support of someone they pray to God can get America back to what it's supposed to be. The energy will keep me going for days. The tears, the chants, it all just felt so surreal. People were excited to be living in America again. I was excited to be living in America again. And honestly, I don't know if it was because it was Obama or just because people are so ready for a change. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad that I got to experience what America is all about last night. It's been awhile.

No comments: