Wednesday, February 11, 2009

when i listen to music

In the mornings, I've discovered I prefer to listen to rap music, or in other words, horrible mainstream popular rap music. I don't know if it's just because they are usually "upbeat" or because I don't have to think about what they are saying. It's important to get pumped up when you're tired in the morning and drinking your coffee. Even if the rap music is essentially not the best intellectual music, it gets me going in the morning.

By time I walk out the door and onto the city streets, I'm usually listening to indie music that makes me think about feelings and the world around me. I feel all movie scene-like when I listen to indie music and wait for the "don't walk" sign to turn to the "walk" sign.

When I'm in a hurry and walking to class, I usually try to listen to music that makes me feel hardcore, like Joan Jett. She's pretty hardcore. Or Muse, also pretty hardcore. It makes me walk faster when I listen to rock music. And I always feel like I'm taking the world head on.

No comments: