Thursday, January 15, 2009

lucy the dog.

My dog Lucy is part Lhasa Apso and part Pomeranian, essentially an experiment led by two of my family members with the previously mentioned pups. When I said I wanted one of the puppies before they were even born, I was worried they would turn out a bit fugly looking. Luckily, I was wrong and the children turned out to be a pretty cute bunch of dogs. I picked one of the runts of the bunch and named her Lucille Ball, after one of the greatest commediennes of all time. She has proved to be just as fiery as the original.
She's cute, I admit it, but when she looks at me with her big brown puppy dog eyes, all I can focus on is her snaggle tooth. I'm not making this up- she has a tooth that for whatever reason, sticks outside of her mouth when her mouth is shut. I guess you'd call it an overbite. She just looks like a fool. I can't take her seriously. Granted, she's a dog and doesn't necessarily require me to take her seriously but when I try to discipline her, all I see is that stupid little tooth out of place.

Maybe that makes me shallow. It probably does.

1 comment:

ugly wife said...

a most excellent name. i had a beagle named lucy. and ugly scott, as you probably know, calls me lucy.

your lucy is adorable.