Wednesday, January 14, 2009

thank you, youtube.

Thanks to YouTube sensations John and Hank green, also known as the vlogbrothers, (who I highly recommend) I learned something interesting, yet of no real importance, last night. Oddly enough, it involves the mating of giraffes. When giraffes are about to mate, John Green says the boy giraffe puts his head up against the female's "parts" and then as a reaction to this, the female pees. The boy then DRINKS the pee and somehow he can tell whether the girl is ovulating. Awkward? I think so. I'm just glad human mating doesn't involve such antics.

And who says you can't learn anything beneficial on YouTube?

This is John and Hank when I met them in Ann Arbor in November.

1 comment:

Ugly Scott said...

and why do you think people don't mate in this way? i'm pretty sure that's how tall people do it. google it. great to hear from you, biv. you remain the best self-photographer ever.